Nut Survival Program
Save Hazelnut Harvest
Under the program, with the participation of the state and the GHGA, a comprehensive plan was developed that enabled hazelnut-producing farmers to take timely and effective agro-technical measures against pests and fungal diseases to prevent hazelnut crop damage and economic loss. To facilitate this process, the state procured and donated to the Association 2630 units of high efficiency spraying equipment.
Services of Georgian Hazelnut Producers Association:
- Agro consultant services for each group of farmers.
- Visits / training twice a month, planning and offering optimal medication schemes.
- Provision of high efficiency poisoning devices and safety equipment (10 ha – 1 highly effective poisoning device 200 l).
- Discounts on drugs in the Association “Farmers’ Service Centers”
- Motion with financial institutions (banks, microfinance organizations)
- Manage soil fertility and provide analysis
- Discounts on services at the Association’s Nut Drying and Warehousing Centers
- Transfer of special “farmer’s diaries”
- Crop quality control
- Assistance in the sale of high quality hazelnut harvest.
Activities to be carried out by the farmer:
- Extraction-formation and frequency
- Arrangement of drainage channels (if necessary)
- Fight against pests and diseases, combination medicine using a highly effective poisoning device.
- Observance of safety rules when carrying out medicines and other agro-technical measures.
- Harvesting, drying and warehousing